The Legislative Branch of ASUCM is made up of 16 senators, 10 at large and two from each of the three schools. The Senate is chaired by the Internal Vice President (IVP).
The Senate has the power to:
- Constitute tribunals inferior to the Court;
- Make rules for the student government and regulations of the established budget;
- Approve requests of the Associated Students from the Administration;
- Promote the progress of inspirational endeavors useful in education for the general welfare of the ASUCM; and
- Enact impeachment proceedings against officers of the legislative and executive bodies of the ASUCM.
Officers of the Senate:
- President pro tempore: presiding officer of the Senate in the absence of the Internal vice president;
- Sergeant at arms: officer charged with the general safety during Senate meetings;
- Secretary: officer charged with the duty of maintaining records of the Senate; and
- Any other Senate officers as deemed necessary by 2/3 majority vote of members present for fair and efficient proceedings.
The following standing committees shall be established annually in the Senate:
- Budget and Finance
- Academic Affairs
- Student Activities
- Student Advocacy
Here are the Senate Leadership Positions for Fall 2023:
Senator Pro Tempore: TBD
Court Liaison: TBD
CAB Liaison: TBD
ASUCM Commission of Sustainability Senate Liaison: TBD
ASUCM External Office liaison: TBD